Thursday, February 24, 2011

VALLEY OF FIRE

Ryan's second semester of Dental School seems far more intense than the first, which I'm sure is compounded by the arrival of our wonderful baby, Charlotte. Still, every once in a while we find that there is a morning when we are all awake, and there are no impending tests, and the laundry is done, and we can just play. We drove out to the Valley of Fire National Park a few weeks ago and had fun tromping around and enjoying the ridiculously mild January weather.



Charlotte was around six weeks old and still very portable; strapped to Ryan's chest, she slept through the whole morning.



Ryan still managed to do some climbing even with the baby in tow (which freaked me out no end) and I had a lot more success now that my belly not quite so in the way as it was last time we went climbing.



As the months go by Vegas is growing on me slowly. I may not be a city girl, but living so close to some incredibly beautiful national parks is definitely helping the high desert to grow on me.

1 comment:

  1. love these new posts! You are such a cute family. Can you send an blog invite to urie08@hotmail.com please? Then I can log on when I am on my blog, if that makes sense xx

    ReplyDelete