Friday, March 5, 2010

New York State of Mind

After years of wanting to, Ryan and I finally made it to the Big Apple. Emma and Mark booked a holiday out there, and it was the motivation that we needed to book a holiday of our own. At this point I was more excited to see my sister and meet her new husband than I was about seeing the sights, but we definitely enjoyed both.

Here are some of the highlights:



Outside the Manhattan Temple...Mark, Emma and me looking like a granny



Ryan and I outside the Temple...looking like a granny once again





Emma and I at Times Square



Times square, even busier by night



The cookie monster wanted a dollar for us to take his picture. Who knew he was into extortion? Little did he know that we managed to snap him anyway



Taking in the view





We were warned by each and every employee at the Empire State Building that the visibility was low, but even with heavy clouds the skyline was impressive







Brooklyn's finest Bridge



And here we have Mark & Emma, clearly having the time of their lives in the Natural History Museum



Apparently I am geekier than them because I really was having a good time



Outside the Natural History Museum. We actaully managed to get a picture of the two of us together








Good times, great songs

No comments:

Post a Comment