It may shock people to hear that the strip isn't the only place to visit around these parts. Hidden behind volcanic rock in the middle of nowhere, Henderson, is the lovely Lake Las Vegas. When Ryan, Charlotte and I stayed there around Christmas the place was a ghost town. Not so surprising we thought; who wants to visit a Lake in the middle of winter? At this point though, I'm starting to think the place may be a little too well hidden, since even in summer there was nothing there besides us, a few tumbleweeds, and a french couple who were clearly lost.
It was blazing hot so Megan and I figured we'd make the most of the water and try our hand at paddle boarding:
| I was pretty excited to make it away from the deck without taking an accidental dive into the water |
| Megan wasn't so lucky |
| Since we had the lake all to ourselves it didn't matter than we were less than graceful getting the hang of it |
Our plan to cool off in the water wasn't our finest idea. It turns out that paddle boarding isn't an activity that involves getting even a little bit wet. Of course, there are other ways of cooling down and we were more than happy to learn that there was an air conditioned ice cream parlor waiting for us just around the corner. And, since the guy working there clearly wasn't used to having customers he was more than generous with free samples.
I can't figure out why the place is permanently in off season. Water, palm trees, gelato- what's not to love? One of these days it's bound to catch on, but for now I'm enjoying having it all to ourselves.

No comments:
Post a Comment