Tuesday, July 5, 2011

THE GIRLS

I always imagined that my friends and I would somehow all wind up living in the same neighborhood. We would have play dates with our kids together, barbeque on the days that the sun came out in the summer, and stay best friends forever. In reality, we moved to different wards, different cities, even different continents. So, I was excited to finally meet up with some treasured friends that I hadn't seen for years. We are all different people now. We grew up, learned to pay our own bills, found ourselves husbands and started families of our own. Even so, we are still so much the same. We chatted four hours and were sixteen again.



There were lots of people missing; maybe some day we'll all meet up and have a barbeque together after all, but until then I certainly enjoyed my 'Harrogate Girl' fix.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled that you lovely girls could get together. I love you all!

    ReplyDelete