We made our way quickly through the foothills towards the mountain, and then we turned the corner and I saw the trail that we would be taking. Steep. Very steep. No switchbacks to steady the climb, just a steep narrow trail that suddenly made this smaller mountain a little daunting.
My legs slowly carried us to the halfway point, where we turned around to see our home. Standing in the 100 degree sunshine of the afternoon, I looked on wishing I was there, but Ryan came to my rescue and took over with carrying Charlotte. Becoming instantly fifteen pounds light gave me the energy to continue and we proceeded up the next steep trial.
Lone Mountain sits between where we live and the city, so it was nice to see the view that it normally hides from us. And Charlotte was wearing her new sun hat, so that was rather nice too!

No comments:
Post a Comment