Tuesday, June 28, 2011

THE FIRST OF MANY

Ryan is proof that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so to honour him on his first Father's day, we celebrated with food. It was a quiet day that started with me waking up early to make breakfast for the man in question. (This was a big deal; the days that I get out of bed before Ryan are few, to nil.)



I experimented and made 'French Toast Casserole,' which was the perfect cheater breakfast since I could prepare it the night before; thus, allowing me to stay in bed for as long as possible and still look like a stud the next morning. Charlotte wished Daddy a happy Father's day by sleeping until 8:30, and then napping peacefully in his arms at church. This is a feat she has not repeated since, so it really was extra special.

Fathers Day fell in the middle of Ryan's mid-term exams, so after church he re-treated to our room to get his study on, and Charlotte and I worked on our next surprise. Ryan's favourite food is Lasagne, and I have never once made it for him so I decided that today was the day. While he worked away upstairs, I went to work in the kitchen with Charlotte in her high hair overseeing the proceedings.



I should take more opportunities to spoil him. Ryan does so much and works so hard for our little family; it was fun to have a whole day that was about celebrating him and his important and treasured role as 'Daddy.'




Daddy and his little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment