We started out eagerly clambering up and down the rocks, giving the Japanese tourists a run for their money. Ryan would see a cool rock and we'd climb it and take in the view. Slowly, the climbing became a little more ambitious, and I'd search for ways to manoever my around without banging my belly on the rocks. I had a method of partially sitting, partially dragging myself, but gradually even this slow 'climbing' turned into Ryan standing behind me and just pushing me upwards until I could find a spot to plant myself.
At this point, I realized that I really had no idea how I was going to manage the climb back down. Happily, the rock provided the perfect resting place, and it turns out that the method of just sliding down on your bum works just as well when you're 25 as it did when you were 8.
I am grateful we live so close to such incredible views, and definitely made a note to revisit the canyon post baby, when hopefully we'll enjoy some real hiking rather than my comedy of errors.

you look so good! ans sper stylish! Can't wait until april!!!!! xxx
ReplyDeleteHow funny Rachel! This made me laugh so hard. I can only imagine how much fun that was for you! We can't wait to hear the baby news!!! Good luck with everything!
ReplyDelete