Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Wedding Hat Trick

I'm sure my parents never anticipated that three of their children would get married in one year. (I know I didn't anticipate it when I was at home with everyone last January.) I'm also sure my Dad never imagined that as Bishop, he'd get to marry three of his children to their new spouses within a year either. Yet, here we are, 2009 is over and 3 marriages there were, and the icing on the cake is that Dad was able to perform all three civil ceremonies.

My big brother David has found the woman of his dreams in Gemma, and the two of them were married in December, first by my Dad and then sealed in the London Temple. My mum always told us that December weddings were out of the question; now that I'm have a household of my own to run I understand why, but I supppose the weather was also a factor with rain forcing all pictures to be taken inside.



The lovely couple



My family, minus me



The newlyweds of 2009 and Daddy dearest



The Newest Hooson girl definitely looks like she belongs



My sexy sisters

For the second time I missed a major milestone for one of my siblings, which is rubbish, but it doesn't stop me being excited for David. I'm excited that he will be sealed to his wife for time and all eternity, and I'm excited for all that they have ahead of them in the future. I'm proud of my big brother for holding the priesthood, for his diligence in setting an example for the rest of us. I haven't been able to meet Gemma yet, but I know if she has the approval of my sisters she's definitely a winner and I'm looking forward to getting to know her one day. She is further proof for my theory that redheads can be foxy.

My parents are wonderful. I've heard a lot recently in lessons at church about the important responsibilities that parents have to teach and to provide, and I feel blessed that I had parents who certainly taught and provided for us, but I was also part of a caring household, where I always knew I was safe and loved. I'm grateful for parents who always put their children first; they were, and still are, my advisors. They taught me the importance of Eternal marriage and having the Saviour as a partner in our lives. As I now enjoy the blessings of a Temple marriage I'm grateful for my parents for guiding me, as they did all of us, so that we could have real joy. I'm grateful for righteous parents, for a father who honors his priesthood responsibilities. Who would have known that he would have the opportunity to perform weddings for three of his children as a result of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment