Wednesday, November 16, 2011

THAT TIME, ALREADY?

I won't be doing my Christmas shopping at John Lewis this year (or probably ever), but their Christmas advert melts my heart; I don't think that a Department Store advertisement has ever succeeded in doing that before. It makes me want to go out and do nice things for people, and cuddle my baby, and drink marshmallow topped hot chocolate with my husband while we watch It's a Wonderful Life, possibly wearing matching woolly socks.



It makes me feel nostalgic. The glimpse of the postman, the semi-detached house, sitting on a swing wearing wellies. It makes me miss those dark wintery walks home from school, and walking across frost covered grass that crunches under your feet. Not much of that in Nevada. Maybe I'll invest in a bobble hat, just for nostalgia's sake.

Thank you John Lewis for making me feel Christmassy, despite the fact that it's still T-Shirt weather.

2 comments:

  1. Did you see Mike's facebook status about this? Everyone is talking about it over here, John Lewis must be very pleased with themselves. We love it too though! It's such a lovely advert. But you know Christmas is coming when it's dark at 4pm and cold like it is here :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I saw his post so i looked it up. I love it! Glad to be in the english loop

    ReplyDelete