Thursday, September 2, 2010

I say Zed, you say Zee

The second trimester brought with it water retention & anemia, but thankfully some wonderful things were also ushered in after the 13 week mark. Ultrasounds, energy, the first kicks, and a bump to be proud of! Of course, there was also that other thing that first time parents look forward to...the baby shower!

My great friend Theresa threw a shower the remember. Our ultrasound had revealed that we were probably having a girl, and the 'probably' was enough to make us choose a gender neutral theme, just incase. My bookworm tendencies might have helped- ABC's was the theme of choice.




Of course, the food was the first thing on the agenda for the evening. We a feast of Lasagne, salad, and crusty bread. I have been craving carbohydrates in ridiculous amounts, so it was the perfect meal as far as I was concerned.




We played some really fun games. In my favourite one, there were a variety of different baby items, all wrapped up to keep them a mystery. The guests had to see if they could figure out what was in each parcel, and then I got to unwrap them all and keep the spoils!



Presents were opened:







And there was a big surprise. I was told that there was one more game to play, but that I would need to be blind-folded before it would start. Gullible as I am, I sat there with a scarf around my face wondering if it was going to be pin the tail on the donkey, but then the scarf was removed and what did I see sitting infront of me? The ladies that I work with had all clubbed together to get me the rocking chair that I had been wishing for months I could afford. I can't wait to rock our little one to sleep in it!




This was all followed closely by desert. Talented Kim and Theresa made Alphabet 'Cake Pops.' They are still being talked about! They may become the stuff of legends.



A big Thank you to the woman of the hour, and to everyone who came. It is fun to be thoroughly spoiled once in a while.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun shower and such a cute theme! I love it! I am glad you got spoiled. You deserve it. Ok, and also, honestly where is your bump? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like it was so lovely! and I love the rocking chair - it's amazing xx

    ReplyDelete